- Past Saturday ('cause it was so tasty!): Crab legs, Filet & Lobster, grilled starburst eggplant, grilled zucchini, & grilled baby carrots. Dessert? Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Blueberry Graham Swirl Frozen Yogurt -- insanely good!
- Sunday: Sauteed Ginger Lemon Chicken, broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and bow tie pasta (cooked it all ahead of time and then packed it up and had a picnic dinner at the playground. Leftovers are today's lunch)
- Monday: Creamy, herbed Brussels sprouts and chicken sausage
- Tuesday: Chicken Parm Meatloaf Muffins & Salad
- Wednesday: Baked Salmon, mac-n-cheese, and green beans
- Thursday: Philly Cheese Peppers
- Friday: Who the heck knows?!?! Probably pizza.
So, I only had 20 minutes for my workout this morning. Mondays are often tough for me to fit in my workout, and that was definitely the case today. Since I only had 20 minutes, I tried hard to make it count! Here's what I did:
Warm-up: 4 sets, where I did 8 mountain climbers and then one jump pull-up. I did all of that 4 times and then took a short rest. Then I repeated until I'd done the 4 sets.
Deadlifted 125 lbs. with the trap bar, superset with side arm presses with 25 lb. dumbbells. I did 2 sets of 8 reps. I was bummed I only had time for the 2 sets, but with the heavy weights, I had a nice sweat going!
As many stability ball crunches as I could do, which ended up being about 20.
Finally, I finished by doing as many push-ups as I could do, which was 20 and a personal best for me!! I was so excited that I managed to knock out 20 really good, solid push-ups. If I only had 20 minutes, why not do something I'm super proud of to really sort of turn it into an awesome workout. Yay!
I saw this saying on Pinterest, and I've decided it's going to be my motto for the week: